Want a fun STEM activity that your kids 10-13 can enjoy? Get them a customizable robot that they can build on their own and roll around the house, then decorate with stickers and show off to friends! This build takes about 60 minutes for a child and will provide hours of fun. Everything - even batteries - included!
- Illustrated and full-color instruction book designed for young readers.
- 1 motor with approximately 100RPM speed and safe JST connector
- 1 battery holder with safe JST connector
- 1 mini screwdriver
- 2 adhesive "googly" eyes
- 1 pack of decorative stickers
- 20+ screws (including extras!)
- Precision laser-cut wood body and wheels with snap-together tabs
How It Works
The instruction book walks kids 10-13 through the process of assembling their robot in about an hour They will attach the wheels, battery pack, and body with screws. Then kids will wire the motor to the batteries and attach the wheel axles to the motor.
Before you know it, you'll have a robot trotting around the house!
Next, kids can customize their robot with the included stickers or use markers, pens, or paint from home to make their robot their very own.
The STEM Lab Difference
- We have included enough components so that every project can be completed without reusing parts, plus extra screws in case one goes missing.
- Our instructions are written and proofed by teachers, parents, and kids so that we can provide age-appropriate instructions that ensure a successful robot build!
-By using safer JST connectors, kids cannot short-circuit their battery pack and are assured to plug the motor and battery together the right way.
- Our precision laser cut components were designed to make assembly easier, using "keyed" tabs so every panel is oriented correctly and slightly oversized holes to ensure screws fit without frustration
- Batteries and tools are included, so you don't need to raid your drawers or travel to the store to use the kit. Just pick up a box and get started!
Intended for ages 10+
WARNING: Contains batteries. Project book contains information for parents about how to safely use, store, and dispose of batteries.