- PHYSICS + POWER: Kids learn how motion converts to energy through an electromagnetic coil (inductor).
- SELF-GUIDED: Girls and Boys 8-12 can build the flashlight on their own in about 30 minutes with the guidebook
- DESIGNED FOR BEGINNERS: With precision laser-cut parts and illustrated instructions, kids are sure to succeed
- INSPIRE THEIR PASSION: Ignite kids' interest in science topics and give them a sense of accomplishment through tinkering
- LEARN THROUGH PLAY: STEM insights into gear reduction and electromagnetic motors teach kids through hands-on fun!
The STEM Lab Kids hand crank flashlight is a useful human-powered tool! Kids 8-12 can assemble this toy in around 30 minutes with the full-color guide included. They will build a gear box that connects the handle of the flashlight to a power-generating motor. When they crank, their motion is translated to power through an electromagnetic coil (cool, huh!?) and turns on a bright white LED!